Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'M OBLIGATED TO TELL MY LOVED ONES, AND THAT MEANS YOU.

If a person truly believes there is danger approaching and does not warn others, that person shares responsibility for whatever suffering results. Simple philosophy, and I think it's true. So, here we go. Some people may get freaked out or think I'm entirely nuts, but that takes a back seat to the sense of obligation I'm feeling. Here it is: I believe that trouble is coming and many people don't see it or won't allow themselves to really consider the prospect, because it's scary and bloody unpleasant. But I also believe that with STRONG faith and preparation we don't need to have fear. We simply need to rely on God and follow promptings that guide us; listen to our guts. If we fail to prepare, if we bury our heads in the sand to avoid the headache of it all, we will surely regret it.

"Denial and inactivity prepare people well for the roles of victim and corpse." -John Leach

Sounds melodramatic, I know. But it makes a good point. So let's get down to it. Our country was founded, through direction of our Heavenly Father, upon certain principles and values. Laws were set up based on these things, and society was governed to reflect it. Thus the success our country alone has had in offering true freedom to those of us lucky enough to live in the United States of America, the promised land.
Clearly I'm invested in these things, but I regret that I don't have the extent of education I hope to one day gain of our nation's history and the admirable men who laid the foundation for our freedom. Fortunately, I know of someone who knows these things well and who has studied it out in his heart, and learned and prayed, and has made it simple enough for the rest of us to grab hold of.
Glenn Beck is someone I admire and respect, and in his words I find inspiration and clarity of the mess we're living in. He's recently come out with some principles and values that warrant consideration. I hope you'll take a minute to read through them and ponder your stance.

Nine Principles:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. (That part is key, we have the right to earn what we want, not just get what we want.)
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. (Charity is wonderful, but it's at my discretion.)
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. (No matter how politically incorrect it may be!)
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

12 Values:
Honesty
Reverence
Hope
Thrift
Humility
Charity
Sincerity
Moderation
Hard Work
Courage
Personal Responsibility
Friendship

These things are precious to me. I'm upset by most of what I see going on politically. There's so much greed and corruption and- to be bold- evil, that I'm concerned about the natural consequences I see barreling toward us. We are systematically losing the freedoms God prepared for us.
If these things are important to you, if your alarm bells or your gut or your instinct are alerting you at all that something is coming, leave me a comment or email me and I'll write more about this. I think there are so many important things going on right in front of our faces, and many of us don't or won't see it. We have got to pay attention so we can prepare our families and ourselves. There's so much ahead... Let me know if you want to read what I believe in my soul is on the way for all of us, because heaven knows I'd be happy to elaborate (further). So many opinions, so little space to write before people go numb and find something else to read...

4 comments:

Katey said...

I think we all know something is coming. We know it HAS to get worse before Christ comes. We KNOW our country will suffer and all but crumble because that is what the scriptures tell us is going to happen. But I think that one thing people are forgetting is that we have a prophet, a living prophet that has WARNED us and told us to prepare and how to prepare.

I am scared but not for me or my family so much as I am scared for my family that resists the warnings. So just do what is asked of you and the rest is in the Lords hands. Have faith. Because FEAR is of the Devil. Love you.


And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the a rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
(Helaman 5 12.)

Sorry about the novel!

Nancy said...

Totally agree...... seriously it is scary. I never realized until a few months ago that there will be a NEED for the second coming.... things are going to get bad.

When I read the scriptures I'm SO amazed at how things haven't really change.... We are still fighting for freedom and the vicious cycle of pride is the main reason of all the wickedness in the government... the way some people seems to think that God needs to be removed from the pledge of Allegiance says a lot..

Luckily we are not there yet but its coming and Like Katey said... we need to listen and be prepare...

I'd love to read more about your thoughs on the subject ;)
love you guys!! and get your BUTT HOME so we can all be together when this crap hits the fan.....

sully said...

Good for you Donna, I think there is nothing wrong with a little fear. I am an expert at it! but also we need to remember that God IS IN control. He will protect and defend HIS law. so shouldn't we all be excited to be living now, so close to the return of our Savior? (I'm working on it) It is satan who brings and breeds fear, not God.

The Paulks said...

I would LOVE for you to elaborate! Please do! I feel like sometimes I'm in denial... of course, I listen to talk radio and try to understand what's going on, but at the end of the day I push it all to the back of my mind because it scares me!

Thanks for your post. You bring up so many good points, and I love Katey's scripture reference!
I promise I won't go numb and find something else to read if you elaborate! :)