Sunday, March 15, 2009

I WISH I Wasn't Familiar With Terms Like "Snot Rocket." Don't You?

It's the ONE- (and I mean ONLY- I put up with a lot around here) topic that is NOT acceptable to discuss in my presence. In a word: mucus. So this is going to be difficult. Gagging yet? I am.

In Sacrament Meeting (which we just came from; the boys are too cold-germy to hang around other kids today), there was a bit of an incident.

Poor Jessica Bogle. Poor, poor Jessica...

This cute, young, very-recently married girl (who was recently called to teach the Sunbeams- again I say, poor Jessica) was sitting in the pew behind us. There was a small ruckus and I looked to Matt to see what I'd missed. Apparently he'd turned around when he heard Jessica quietly shriek in horror, to find Gabe with some of the runny stuff dripping from his hand and hear Jessica proclaim, "He just picked his nose and wiped it on me!" She was still in shock. Matt quickly filled me in and I immediately (mothers have no pride, gee, wonder why...) covered my face and took just a second to pull myself together so I could take this on. I looked up and apologized profusely and scrambled for some wipes to offer her. I missed the comment Jessica's dad made as he laughed and slapped her leg, "You lookin' forward to kids, Honey?!" He went on to stifle my apologies and assure me that that's just what she needed right now, and how we've all been around kids and it wasn't gonna hurt anybody... It was hard to keep my mind focused on the meeting after that. On our way out, Matt caught Jessica's attention and thoughtfully reminded her not to forget to wash her hands.

I know, this is class. No one says sophistication like our family.

6 comments:

Katey said...

I just peed a little in my pants! That girl just got the best birth control there is!!! LOL! I have tears streaming down my face that was so funny!!! HA HA HA. GO GABEY GO!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny.... I was wondering what was going on over at the Watkins pew! hee hee. jk. That truly is gross and memorable and I'm sure Jessica will be motherless for a while.

Annette said...

Hillarious! It is so much better when it is someone elses kid. Actually, when I was doing my student teaching many,many years ago,I had a first grader do that too me right down my sleeve. I got to wear the green all day! Love you guys so much.

Nancy said...

HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! Katey's right Best birth control ever!!!!!
I must admit I didn't gag I deal with it a LOT these days!!!
hang in there!!
miss yall
xxx

Nancy said...

Hey DK!!
go check out jukanascuisine.blogspot.com
Love you!

Heidi said...

TOTALLY laughing my head off!!!!! Thanks for sharing such a great and "normal" story!! Love it!!