Sunday, February 3, 2008

(Wrote This on Sunday and Just got Around to Posting It)

I just need to take a minute and share my gratitude. My boys have been extremely sick with a bad case of the stomach flu for two weeks. While I'm so thankful they both typically enjoy perfect health, it's been difficult to watch them struggle with the ugly symptoms they've had with this bug. About every five days or so one of the kids has a really good day and I think we may be on our way out of it, but within 24 hours it always starts over again. I've been talking to Matt on the phone pretty regularly and he's begged me to have someone from the ward come and give the boys blessings, since they got sick shortly after he left. I kept planning to have it done when we went to church but each Sunday the kids would wake up feeling terrible and we'd have to skip it, and I'd become consumed with caring for them again and forget about it completely. Finally yesterday after so much time had passed and they still hadn't improved I made some calls, and this morning a friend from the ward (who is also a pediatrician- how handy is that) came over to bless them. I'm trying not to sound cheesy but the minute the first blessing began our home was filled with a wonderful spirit and I was surprised by the overwhelming comfort it brought. I hadn't realized how frazzled I'd become until I was given such peace. Lately I've felt so strongly the need to share my gratitude and my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Heavenly Father's true gospel. I am so thankful for the strength it gives me. I can't say how grateful I am to be a member of the Lord's church. Our family has more blessings every day than we could ask for in a lifetime. We're able to meet the challenges our lifestyle presents with courage because of our faith. I thank my Father in Heaven for the constant source He is of comfort and peace. I know in my mind and in my soul that the LDS gospel is truth. I'm so blessed to have been taught and guided in the principles of the church. I can't convey the depth of my gratitude for my incredible blessings. I know this gospel is the path to eternal joy, given by the Lord. I know Jesus Christ saved me, and I tell you all these things in His name, amen.

No comments: