Friday, February 22, 2008

Rainy Day Pictures



Splish Splash!

Boys, don't play by the fire pit.

Boys, don't play by the fire pit.

I told you not to play by the fire pit.
Notice where his feet are in relation to pavers that surround the fire pit. This was snapped the instant he entered the pond. And it was BLOODY FREEZING water, about 18 inches deep in the center. I threw myself into the water, holding the camera in the air with one arm and pulling my baby out with the other. By the time he was out, he had already breathed in a huge breath of yucky nasty water and was too frozen and stunned and suffocated to breathe! I held him in as much contact with my own body as possible and ran with him toward the house, pulling his sopping shoes and socks off and screaming for Jes and Nolan to come inside behind me. Poor little Gabe didn't finally inhale until we reached the house, where I stripped him at lightning speed and ran him to the bathtub to put him in some warm water. The poor boy was shocked beyond belief and panicking a bit, but after a minute he choked all the water out of his lungs and took to enjoying his bath. And finally I exhaled.
P.S.- Up until the moment I took this picture I'd been guarding the pit, while Gabey tried to get past me. Then Jes walked up beside Gabe and I thought, You're so freaking paranoid, Donna! You can take a step back to snap a bloody picture. What's he gonna do, walk strait into the water?

1 comment:

Katey said...

brrr.... of cousre as soon as you take a step back, he's going to walk into it :( poor little guy! Miss you -Kate
xoxo