Friday, February 1, 2008

Nice to Meet You Too

We just came home from Wal-Mart (of course). By some miracle we arrived at the checkout with less than $50 worth of groceries, a miracle by all accounts, and were standing in line when a nice lady beside us noticed my beautiful children. She struck up a conversation with Jesse, who picked up a package of cookies and held them out for her to admire. By now eight or nine people waiting around us were watching him ham it up for his captive audience. The woman politely oohed and ahhed and asked, "Are you going to eat those cookies?" My adorable son looked down, sighed, and pathetically (but not quietly) mumbled, "No. Mama eat it." She loudly repeated him for the benefit of anyone in Bolivia who might have missed it. The laughter roared for longer than I care to describe.
P.S.- I am not the one who eats all the cookies.

1 comment:

Katey said...

That is so something that Lex would say! But I would totally deny it :) Love you xoxo