Friday, October 9, 2009

Urgh!!

Last night I was feeding the baby in the front room while Matt was watching some toons with the other boys in our bedroom before bed. I could hear the tv and was mentally singing along to the theme song when I heard Jesse's spontaneous remark. "Dad, I just wiped a big booger on your cheek."
Matt's reply? A calm, "Good, I'm gonna leave it there till I get hungry. Then I'll eat it." A regular person would never believe how nonchalant they both were about the whole thing. It ended almost as soon as it began, probably as unremarkable to them as blowing your nose is to you. There was, however, a reference made this morning, when Jesse addressed his father. "Dad, did you eat that booger I gave you last night?" I can't report Matt's response, as the question alone induced an automatic mental shut down/ block out on my part. After a while around here you build up these defense mechanisms to shield yourself from... you know, everything.

2 comments:

Katey said...

Oh...umm...hmmm.... YUCK!

Living Lavallee said...

All that training makes for thinking quick on one's feet, or cheek?