Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Then There are THESE Moments...

I was standing in the kitchen, completely zoned out. I had smelled something suspicious that Gabe was working on, so I was giving him a minute or two to finish up before I changed his diaper. I was suddenly dragged back into reality when I heard a very cute little voice that said, "Gabe, can I see your poo again?" followed immediately by another cute voice saying, "Sure, Jechies." (That's code for Jesse.) I spun around to see Gabe plop to the floor and pull the crotch of his diaper aside to proudly display his work. I didn't miss the fact that Jesse's horrible request included the word again. Of course I flew into sterilization mode and took care of hands and diapers and everything else in a nine-mile radius, and it was then I wondered for perhaps the millionth time, Is this normal? Is my life really at all like anyone else's? Do these catastrophes strike other households, or are my children really different from the offspring of others? I still do not know the answer.

5 comments:

Emily said...

When you have boys, EVERYTHING fall in to the "normal" category.

Watkins Clan said...

When is your due date? I thought it was like a few days ago.. I'm getting excited for you to go into labor... and anxious about mine!

Nancy said...

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Gotta Love those boys :P
congratulation on the 3rd one!!
I CAN'T wait to see pics of this little jake!!!!
try to get some rest!!
LOVE YA
xxx

Andrea said...

Hey Donna how have you been. I haven't talked to you since you came and helped Betsy out last summer. My little girl still talks about your boys. Hope all is well, love you all

Anonymous said...

Gabe is getting so big! Now instead of just saying "OK", he says "sure, Jechies". I'm so proud.
-Fifi