Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why, Why, Why?

My friend and I have been gabbing back & fourth through email and she recently inquired about why on earth I would choose to have this many young kids, in such a short period of time. I get the question every now and then, so I thought I'd post my answer:

I make no denial that parents choosing to have this many young kids may seem somewhat masochistic. I simply maintain that my energy is diminishing with the years and I may be best able to handle all this while I still have some left- (even if the supply feels massively insufficient for the job). Besides, the kids play together (a huge bonus for me!) and once I'm done with diapers I'll really be DONE. Surely I'm not the only one to see the advantages here.

So that's my side of things.

6 comments:

Watkins Clan said...

so when's your estimated due date?

Truthislight said...

Aprox. April 20. Does that sound seriously soon to anyone else?

Kleanteeth said...

Is that another way of saying that your husband's gone a lot and when he's home, ya'll are just really horny and kids happen. Believe me, lots of people are on that plan, esp, in the military.

Truthislight said...

You'd think, but that's really not it. We always planned it this way. They have these little pills that work miracles for those who prefer relative sanity over bunches of babies, ya know...

Kleanteeth said...

What? Little pills, get out. Whodathunk? You're sensible enough to believe you planned it this way. What gets me are the women who "accidentally" have 5 kids. Huh? You're brave. I had so little sanity to start with, but you'll make it through with some left.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister on the kids close together to be friends and when you have the energy. I love my little girlfriends who are only 20 years younger than me. I can run jump and play with them and they will have a bestfriend during those dreaded junior high years when they are ugly and need someone in the next hall that already loves them. I think it is going to work out how I want it to. I'll keep you posted.
Your'e a fantastic mom so whatever happens, your boys are going to come out A+
xoxo-Summer