Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Day of Life...

Good ol' procrastination. I'm speaking (that's right, SPEAKING) in church tomorrow. Ahhh. I know. It's Matt's fault actually. He had to do it a month or so ago and FROM THE PULPIT, -(Is that what it's called? Total brain bubble, sorry)- announced that I would love an opportunity to speak, myself. Yes. Of course he will pay. (And if you have any good ideas, please share!)
So here I sit. I've written a decent amount for my talk, but now I feel like I should take things in a different direction. Seriously though, I'm not feelin' it right now. I'll have to try again later. I actually worked on it throughout the week, so I didn't expect to be left to this tonight. Ugh.
We went to a ward party today. It was nice to see our friends and let the kiddos play. Our buddies, Heidi & Matt, have the cutest puppy! We also got to see Angie & Lance's sweet new baby, Gavin, who is the MOST adorable thing in the world. It rained lightly for a while before we left, but the water cooled us and felt great. Gabey ate enough to nourish a band of giants for a week, then had three cookies. He drooled in chocolate and coated his face and shirt nicely. Then he fell in the sand, which gave him that snicker doodle appeal. Sn-nazzy.
No one was seriously injured and Jesse only drank out of some other kid's cup twice, so over all, I dub it successful. Hurrah.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Donna! I just discovered your blog today! I found the link from Kristen & Leif's blog. I thought that you did a great job on your talk today. Speaking in church is always scary. I always get really nervous when I have to speak. You did great.
See you soon!
Tracy

www.taylorfamilyupdate.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Your talk was amazing today...I laughed and cried!! Thanks for the inspiration...Matt and I both loved it!!!

Katey said...

so how did it go? Your a brave woman I won't even speak in church! GO DK! Love ya

Katey said...

Oh and Thanks for calling me and tell me your KNOCKED UP! Jerks. I have to find out with the rest of the world when I check your blog. I mean, am I not your favorite? I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's a girl and is just like DK. I mean really what more could a person ask for? you'll get whats been coming to you soon enough! I will try not to be offended :o) Love you all! Kiss those adorable little boys for me!

It's just Barb said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! How exciting!

So, how did your talk go? I really hate that, when I'm all ready for a talk and then the Spirit takes me a whole new direction. Oh well, I guess it's nice that we can feel it.