Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I LOVE THESE BOYS!

The other day, Gabe was crying for who-knows-what extrordinarily-rational reason, and Matt and I were tuning him out, as usual. Then a soft whisper caught our ears and we overheard Jesse quietly comforting his brother, while he stroked Gabey's hair. We interrupted Jesse's gentle, "It's ok Gabey; it's gonna be ok," to compliment him on his sweetness. We told him what a good brother he is and how nice it was for him to comfort Gabe. J's matter-of-fact response?

"Gabey was cryin'. It's my job."

Kid's my hero.

2 comments:

The Anders said...

How sweet! It's so heartwarming when they are nice to each other (doesn't happen too much around our house lately). Your boys are cute.

I'm glad you updated...I missed your funny stories and cute pictures!

Stacey
(Matt's cousin Garrett's-wife, in case you have no idea who this is) :)

Watkins Clan said...

Sweet sweet boys :)