Sunday, September 7, 2008

Can You Help?

We're really having trouble with Gabey's experience going to the nursery each Sunday. He sobs every time, and he doesn't stop until the leaders bring him to us or church ends. At first he went without any trouble, but the last few months he just can't get a grip. Do you have any suggestions? We're feeling pretty desperate. It's not getting any better with time. And it kills me to know he's that upset throughout my meetings. What do I do? Jesse's even in there with him, and Jes cries when we drop them off but stops after a minute or two. I'd like Gabe to settle down about the whole thing before January, when Jes moves to Sunbeams and Gabe's on his own in there. Anything you can think of would be great, please! Thanks guys.

6 comments:

Katey said...

We are going through the same thing right now with Ty. If you figure something out that works let me know! Ty went last week and stayed the whole time (for the 1st time ever), so I was super excited to go this week. And sure enough, 20 minutes into my Sunday School lesson they brought him back to me! And then it makes it hard to continue my lesson while he is crying. Good luck. Wished I had something that would help!

Jenny said...

I had the same problem with Beck he loved it at first and did not even care when we left (I cried more than him) but then all of a sudden he would freak out and I taught a primary class right next door and I could hear him crying and it killed me... so I gave in and he does not go because I do not know my ward that well and I am pretty particular about who watches my son anyway so it was too hard for me. It would be better for him to have time with other kids but I could not handle it!!! It is so hard being a parent but good luck with Gabe at least he has Jesse with him!

Kleanteeth said...

Have you tried taking him in there to play on a random Thursday or something and stay with him and play so he has a positive experience in that room. At least that's what the Dog Whisperer would say, translates to people, right? Hopefully he'll just grow out of it one day. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Donna...i just read your question...that problem got Art and I called into nursery leaders like twice at least...with David and Thomas..so yeah...i have not idea!

Anonymous said...

OH donna i have no idea how to comment on blogs...so my comment about nursery just showed up as anonymous...but its me, Karen....

Anonymous said...

OH donna i have no idea how to comment on blogs...so my comment about nursery just showed up as anonymous...but its me, Karen....