Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Overwhelmed

I'm given so much. I'm almost dazed by the blessings heaped upon me, one after another. My mind is motion sick when I try to call up all the miracles I see in a day. The list is so long I don't dare start writing it here, because I could never finish. To cover most of it I'll have to be vague. Ready? I can't adequately express my gratitude for the fulfillment I find in my friendships, my family relations, my closeness to my Savior, and the beauty that surrounds me. There are so many sources of joy in my life that I can't even manage to hold on to a bad mood for more than a moment these days, which, itself, is an incredible blessing. I am strengthened and inspired by nearly everything in my life at this point. How can I tell you all how very much you mean to me? I really don't know. In some cases it's a conflict in my mind, feeling real joy from loving people, and pain induced by being away from them. You might assume I'm referring to Matt- and he certainly fits into this category- but there are also a few people in particular on his side of the family that have been on my mind a lot lately. I find myself thinking about how important they are to me and I inevitably end up in tears over the distance between us. The moment of sadness passes, but boy it's strong when it comes, and all because I'm so stupefied by the awe I have for them. Of course, I'm in awe of so many people in my life these days. My kids- of course, my husband- always, and specifically my friends at the moment... They're such special ladies. I'm always left with an abundance of inspirational thoughts to reflect on after I talk with them. Maybe that's why I crave their company so much. How nice it is to be surrounded by people I so look up to. I love that they know who they are and what really matters, and are so courageous in following what they believe. I've been lucky to have many good examples in my life, such brilliant, gifted, dynamic people to learn from. So to all of my dear ones- near and far, the words, "Thank you," are simply insufficient. The best way I know to say it is simply, I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you and are equally as blessed to have you in our lives. I love that when we talk, it can be life and that you too can freely share your wisdom, advice and know who you are. We are all so blessed, even amidst trial and separation and I'm eternally grateful God knows us well enough to put people in our lives for a reason... I am blessed to know you! Talk to you a little later today!

Heidi said...

I am in tears...that was so beautiful. You my dear - are an inspiration!!