Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Latest

I really need to get some sleep, but Matt wants an update so I'm just copying the email I wrote to Great-Grandma W today. Love you all!

Hey!
Matt called again today! He's doing ok because he's getting closer to coming home. He sounded pretty good. The boys and I went to the new neighbors' house for dinner and dessert and family home evening, and it was lots of fun. Jesse and his beloved Rosemary got to play for a while and he's very much looking forward to playing again tomorrow. They'll be coming over in the afternoon sometime for brownies and ice cream.
Today Jesse found Matt's watch behind the couch cushion, and I put it on him. He was so proud and wore it all day, and even kept it on when he went to bed. In fact, as I was just writing that he woke up and I moved him into my bed, and of course, it's still on his wrist. It's got a velcro band, and it can adjust just barely small enough to fit his little wrist. It has to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen to watch him go about his day wearing his dad's watch. It's funny, too, cause for nearly two months now we've heard some device beep at the same time each day, but we could never find what it was. I just assumed it was one of Jesse's electronic toys going off in the closet behind the stairs. Each day I kept meaning to track it down and try to reset it or turn it off, but it was never a big enough priority to drop whatever I happened to be doing. It was actually really nice to find it like that today, not because we'd finally found the source of the beeping, but because it was like discovering a tiny piece of Matt that had been left behind for us, just waiting to be found. It made Jesse really happy to wear it, and I can't help but smile to see him in it. It's been a really good day.
I guess I'm off to bed now, since I can't think of anything else to write, but I miss you and I hope you do know that multiple times throughout the day, you pop into my mind and I wonder how you are, and I say a little prayer in my heart that you are well. Please know that we all think of you, even when we don't take the opportunity to call or write. I know I speak for all the grandkids when I say that. When we discussed the Presto machine we all shared that sentiment. So please know that we love you and you are in our thoughts. Have a good Day, Grandma.
Love,
DonnaKay

No comments: