Thursday, December 20, 2007

Got Milk?

I'd like to quickly share a moment I experienced yesterday evening. I'd spent the day baking cookies to give out for Christmas. Jesse swiped one off the counter, and then, being the gentleman he is, grabbed one for his brother, who I happened to be nursing. Jes walked up with the cookies and after a half-hearted lecture from me about asking first, he gave one to Gabey, who delightfully accepted. Gabe sat up on my lap, facing me, and proceeded to happily consume his treat. After a couple seconds he apparently got thirsty, so he leaned forward and latched on for a couple gulps, then went back to his food. Then more to drink, and back to eating again. And it went on like this! I didn't know what to do- I was speechless! (For once.) Need a little milk to go with that cookie, Son? In that moment I was nothing but a cow. Mooooo. Glad I could help out, Kid. Not.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Moooo! That is great! You need to write that down in his baby book! Oh and I found those pics you wanted. I'll be sending them out shortly