Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You Make My Heart Go Pitter-Patt. Oh How I Love You, Redbox!

The backlash will be bitter, I'm sure. And I can't blame you grandparents for your disappointment that I'm finally blogging and there aren't pics of the kids... still. :)
But I need to be an adult female for a sec, despite my mommihood.

So here's my shout out to the cheapest date ever- and a hot one at that! You know what I'm talking about, baby, R-E-D-B-O-X. The other night we rented Young Victoria (or whatever it's called). Five stars from me! Beautifully portrayed the sweetness of newly-weddedness, and without being vulgar! Just imagine, and it's from Hollywood?! So for a buck, rent a great movie. Pair that with an excessively large bag of mini snickers, maybe even a little mascara, and Presto! You've got yourself an official date with your hubby. Oh and don't forget to wear the kids out all day so you can haul-butt through bedtime and get them to sleep. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha... Blockbuster can lick my big toe.

So I have this nasty little habit of writing on my hand. Some of my friends have even commented (good-naturedly) that there's almost never a time when I don't have something written there. You can monitor my present degree of out-of-controlness just by glancing at my hand, which has sometimes bled over from the back side to my palm. PLEASE, someone tell me that you LOSE all the little papers you make notes on. I might as well swallow each page before the ink is dry. I KNOW I'm not the only sufferer of mommy brain, but please remind me. What absurd things have you jacked up recently, simply because you've lost the capacity to think? I'd list mine here, but my self allotted half hour to blog is nearly up and there's no realistic way to even begin such an undertaking...

Anyway, miss y'all. Let me know what's up with the grown-up side of your life (if you still have one).

3 comments:

Katey said...

Oh how I LOVE Redbox. Not only is it the PERFECT date night is the perfect kid sitter =) Kids bored with the regular shows they watch, and the laundry is piling up? Redbox to the rescue... MISS YOUR FACE! When are you coming home?

Emily said...

I sooooo wish i had a grown-up life. But sadly, the closest thing I've had to "grown-up time" is when I had my last PAP.lol G0 check out my blog some time. I will admit, i stole one of your posts.hehehehe lifeisafreefall.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

No grown up life here...but LOTS of ingested paper notes where the words didn't digest and I'm still trying to figure out what they said and darn it I washed my hands and lost those notes too. What to do...guess nothing until I figure out what those things were!;) Glad you got a Date night in, with your new set-up, bet it was comfy!;)