Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sucky Gaberiel

No, he doesn't suck; he's awesome. But he, well, sucks. On everything. My house and its contents are perpetually covered in slobber. This is not at all abnormal for his age of course, but my tale doesn't end there. The other night we were all piled on Mommy and Daddy's bed reading books and being burped and going through the pre-bedtime routine, and Gabe happened to come into contact with Matt's chest, where he proceeded to "latch on" with expert proficiency. Matt let out a horrified squawk/bellow noise and wildly jerked about, yanking the kid off himself and throwing him into my arms. This of course was strikingly entertaining to watch, as you can imagine. It probably should have been somewhat embarrassing for ol' Colonal Chunkbutt, but remarkably Gabe showed no sign of shame; he strangely seemed almost amused at all the tomfoolery. The kid takes after me.

There seems to be no limit to the things Gabriel can't resist tasting. And as for me, he appears to be of the opinion that he can suck on any part of my person and/or clothing and expect milk to fly into his mouth. I've endured slobber attacks on my knuckles, elbows, chin, nose, and even foot in demand for immediate sustenance. He must hear my voice and see nothing but a giant milk jug, waiting to spray at his slightest whim. What an honor.

Hey, what do you know! I spelled his name right. A couple weeks ago I got some new things to decorate our house so it would look nice when Matt came home, and I took on a little project. I bought a fancy cream colored fabric place mat and stamped the kids' footprints on it in paint, then framed it and hung it on the wall. It was then I realized that I'd misspelled Gabey's name where I'd written it by his tootsie. (I had added an extra e, Gab-e-riel. Wow.) No joke- I actually did this. It was bad, even for me. And I ended up having to check the friggin' birth certificate to figure out the correct spelling! That's how mental I am. I decided to leave it on the wall that way, sort of as a monument to my own motherly stupidity.

1 comment:

The Paulks said...

Don't feel bad! We all have those "stupid mother's moments." I forget what day Maddy was born all the time. duh! I love your blog!

--Lindsey