Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fabulous Friends!!!

(I do not know why this picture won't stand up strait. Ugrh!)
Anyway, to the point:
My darling friends had yet another spectacular party, for Kristen's birthday. If ANYONE deserves a party, it's totally Kristen, so I'm glad we were given the opportunity to celebrate her. She is probably the most giving person I know. I admire her wit and her striking wisdom, and most of all her selflessness. She's a constant example to me and someone I emulate when I'm at my best. She's the first person to pop into my mind when I think of the word Christlike. She gives to her family, her friends, he ward, and anyone she meets without giving it a thought. I don't know if she makes a conscious effort to serve everyone around her or if it's just her nature. But I do know that she is someone all of us can learn from and it really is a blessing to be numbered among her friends. Her warmth and genuine appreciation for people around her resonate with all of us, and we're so grateful to have her in our lives. Thanks for all you do, Girl, and happy birthday!
P.S. The party was so elegant and beautiful. My talented friends did such a great job preparing everything, and we all have so much fun when we're able to get together! Sorry I couldn't stay and enjoy everyone that night. I appreciate the beautiful flowers and favors! I didn't even share the truffle, it was so good! I nearly wrecked the car eating it on the way home- (food tends to consume me like that- ha ha). Thanks for the invitation. To all you girls: I love you ladies! Thanks for making this ward and this place such a wonderful home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet and the party was NOT the same without you. Those dang field ops! I'm glad you were able to pop in, even for a second! You are an amazing person and one we can all learn from as well. you are always smiling and rolling with the punches- a rare talent that we should all try to obtain! Thanks for being a friend! Love ya!